Promoting policy and practice that improve the lives of vulnerable and abused adults in California
CEJC is the only statewide multidisciplinary membership network devoted to elder justice. Our aim is to:
- Provide a voice from the field to guide elder justice policy development.
- Create the critical mass that’s needed to elevate elder justice into the consciousness of policy makers.
- Provide policy makers, advocates, and stakeholders with streamlined, nonpartisan and interdisciplinary information.
- Explore problems and promising solutions.
- Provide opportunities for information sharing and consensus building.
CEJC is a project of Community Partners.
From Blueprint to Benchmarks
Five years ago, the California Elder Justice Workgroup (CEJC’s precursor) produced Improving California’s Response to Elder Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation, which described challenges and offered recommendations drawn from California’s first elder justice summit.
Five years later, From Blueprint to Benchmarks: Building A Framework for Elder Justice (B2B) describes progress made (including the creation of CEJC) as well as such formidable new challenges and opportunities as the recession, the “realignment” of California’s Adult Protective Services Program and prison systems, and the passage of the Elder Justice Act.
Click here to visit our Publications page to view From Blueprint to Benchmarks.
World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
CEJC, the City and County of San Francisco’s Department of Aging and Adult Services, and the Institute on Aging will co-host a World Elder Abuse Awareness Day event on June 8th in San Francisco.
The event is also in observance of Elder Abuse Awareness month, which was established in 2015 by a state resolution authored by Assembly Member Dodd and sponsored by CEJC and the California Commission on Aging (CCoA).
For more information and to register for the event, click here.
NEWS & UPDATES
The current issue of News & Updates includes the following:
- Celebrating Friends and Champions at S.F. Awareness Event
- APS Training Budget Increased!
- Smarter than a Scammer: Placemat Features “Scam Pyramid”
- Senate Budgets Scant Increases for Elder Justice
- California Undue Influence Screening Tool (CUIST)
- Teaching Annuity Sales Agents How to Con Older Adults
- Quality Nursing Home Care Depends on Quality Jobs
And much more!
To view the edition, click here.