Promoting policy and practice that improve the lives of vulnerable and abused adults in California
CEJC is the only statewide multidisciplinary membership network devoted to elder justice. Our aim is to:
- Provide a voice from the field to guide elder justice policy development.
- Create the critical mass that’s needed to elevate elder justice into the consciousness of policy makers.
- Provide policy makers, advocates, and stakeholders with streamlined, nonpartisan and interdisciplinary information.
- Explore problems and promising solutions.
- Provide opportunities for information sharing and consensus building.
CEJC is a project of Community Partners.
Assemblymember Waldron to Reintroduce Victim Comp Pilot Bill
Assemblymember Marie Waldron, who sponsored last year’s bill to provide victim compensation to victims of elder financial abuse in San Diego, has agreed to re-introduce the bill. The California Commission on Aging and CEJC will again co-sponsor the bill. The new bill adds a provision to cover victims’ transportation to appointments.
New Steering Committee Members
Our Steering Committee is delighted to welcome Donna Benton and Robert MacLaughlin.
Please visit our Steering Committee page to read more about their backgrounds and experience.
NEWS & UPDATES
This issue of News & Updates includes the following:
- Court Holds MetLife Responsible for Agents’ Actions
- OIG Report Shows Fraud and Abuse by Medicaid Caregivers
- Speak Out for Older Victims: National Census for Victim Service Providers
- UN Issues Report on the Human Rights of Older Persons
- Cognitive Assessment Goes Commercial
- Women and Poverty in California: We Must Do More
To view the edition, click here.