Promoting policy and practice that improve the lives of vulnerable and abused adults in California
CEJC is the only statewide multidisciplinary membership network devoted to elder justice. Our aim is to:
- Provide a voice from the field to guide elder justice policy development.
- Create the critical mass that’s needed to elevate elder justice into the consciousness of policy makers.
- Provide policy makers, advocates, and stakeholders with streamlined, nonpartisan and interdisciplinary information.
- Explore problems and promising solutions.
- Provide opportunities for information sharing and consensus building.
CEJC is a project of Community Partners.
Grant from the Huguette Clark Family Fund
CEJC has received a grant from the Huguette Clark Family Fund for Protection of Elders to launch an Elder Justice Advocates Academy. The Academy’s goal is to heighten elder justice advocates’ understanding of elder justice and increase their effectiveness.
Stay tuned for more information and to learn how you can get involved.
Join CEJC’s Team
We are seeking a part-time, temporary (one year) Coordinator for our Advocates Academy.
Click here for more information.
NEWS & UPDATES
This issue of News & Updates includes the following:
- CEJC Rolls Out Principles of Elder Justice
- Highlights of Elder and Dependent Adult Abuse Awareness Month
- Ombudsman $1 Million Budget Request Approved
- Administration Nominates New ACL Director
- New Rule Bans Arbitration Agreements for Financial Products
- Model Elder Financial Exploitation Statute Released
To view the edition, click here.