Promoting policy and practice that improve the lives of vulnerable and abused adults in California
CEJC is the only statewide multidisciplinary membership network devoted to elder justice. Our aim is to:
- Provide a voice from the field to guide elder justice policy development.
- Create the critical mass that’s needed to elevate elder justice into the consciousness of policy makers.
- Provide policy makers, advocates, and stakeholders with streamlined, nonpartisan and interdisciplinary information.
- Explore problems and promising solutions.
- Provide opportunities for information sharing and consensus building.
CEJC is a project of Community Partners.
CEJC Releases "Principles of Elder Justice"
In honor of California’s Elder and Dependent Adult Abuse Awareness Month in June, CEJC has identified 8 principles that reflect our vision for elder justice and the focus of our work. We’ve created a two-page flyer describing the principles. You can access it here.
Help us spread the word. You can:
- Let others know about the flyer and how to access it.
- Distribute copies at elder justice awareness events or other meetings.
- Use it as a training tool to raise awareness among community allies.
Webinar Recording Available
If you missed our Elder Justice in the Trump Era webinar with Bob Blancato and Meredith Ponder Whitmire, you can view the recording on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_aefQMmfC8
NEWS & UPDATES
This issue of News & Updates includes the following:
- CEJC Highlights Advocacy During Awareness Month
- Elder and Dependent Adult Abuse Awareness Month “Kick-Off”
- CFPB Sues for Mishandled Mortgages
- DOJ Launches MDT Toolkit
- Supporting America’s Aging Prisoner Population
- Brokers Get New Tools to Fight Abuse of Senior Investors
To view the edition, click here.